1. Before you submit the manuscript, please read carefully and following the information:
a. Manuscript have not been published or accepted for publication, or are being considered for publication elsewhere. In addition to the manuscript, a written statement should be attached which clarifies that the article is original and does not contain any elements of plagiarism.
b. The article written in English or Bahasa Indonesia. Abstract and Keywords clear written in English
c. Manuscript file must be digital. We suggest for use software Open Office or Microsoft Office (2007 or above) with extension document (.rtf, .doc, or .docx).
2. Types of manuscript suitable for publication include research reports, conceptual ideas, studies, theories, using the qualitative approach in Design and Visual Communications, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Product Design, Fine Art, Photography, Animation and other related fields of Visual Art.
3. Manuscript is written in English or Bahasa Indonesia using academic language along with standard academic writing structure and composition. Manuscript are typed single-spaced in A4 paper size, one coloumn, between 3500–5000 words length including references, pictures, and tables.
4. Manuscript on Jurnal Desain are divided into the following general sections: Title, Authors and Affiliation, Abstract, Introduction, Method, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgments, and References.
a. Author must fill out author’s profile on OJS website that consists of author and coresponding author. First, Middle and Last Name (If author only uses one name, fill the first name and last name with the same name), Gender, Initial, Username, Password, Affiliation (University/or Institution), E-mail, Mailing Address (complete address of affiliation: street name, city, province and zip code), Country and Bio Statement (Department or Faculty). Author must follow the article template.
b. Title : The title consists of 8-12 words, not including definite manuscript (the) and indefinite manuscript (a,an).
c. Abstract: The abstract is a summary of the manuscript. It is consist of research objective, research methods, results and discussion, and conclusion. Implications or recommendation can be added in the abstract. The abstract must be written in 150 - 250 words
d. Keywords: There are 3-5 keywords from one manuscript.
e. Introduction: The introduction show what is already known from the previous studies, defines the importance of the study, literature review, and state the research question.
f. Methods: The methods explain clearly how the author carried out the research.
g. Results and Discussion: The result section show objectively the presentation of the research key results without any interpretation using text, tables and figures. The result section begins with text, presenting the key finding, and referring to the tables and figures. The result section must present how the author ensure the data validity and reliability.
h. Conclusions: The conclusions section show the answer or clarification of the research questions and opportunities for future research
i. Acknowledgments: The authors must acknowledge any sources of funding that supported the research and may acknowledge the outside reviewers of their drafts
j. References: Expect a minimum of 15 references. The reference must consist of 60% from relevant and recent primary sources (such as article of journal or conference from last 10 years). References should be the most recent and pertinent literature. Using literature (more than 20 years ago) maybe allowed at least 25% from total references who using in the manuscript. The reference must be written in The Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition and using reference manager software Mendeley.
5. Guidelines to The Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition used for in-text citations and references are available at https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-2.html. However, some adjustments are made to suit the need. A quick guide as example is stated as follows. The samples below are taken randomly from various sources and for example purposes only. They are intended neither as ads and promos nor as the Editorial Board’s viewpoint or preferences.
6. Figure, Tables and Maps
Tables and figures in the manuscript are numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals (Figure 1, figure 2, figure 3, so on) and written with caption and source of the figure and table.The table captions are written above the table, while the figure captions below the figure. For tables, avoid using horizontal lines. The table must not print screen, specific numerical values, compare and contrast values, and minimum of 2 row and column. The figures must clear (provide original file as supplementary file in manuscript submission), highlight trends, pattern, and relationship. Figures and tables appear in good resolution and are not print screened and / or screenshot.
Maps can be called a figure (and numbered as such). For all images (line drawings, photographs, maps), please use high resolution source files: min. 150 dpi for photographs, min 300 dpi for linework images. This is the minimum resolution required at the dimensions of which the images should eventually be reproduced. Please bear in mind that the images themselves should also be of high quality (e.g. the images should be clear and sharp and any text in the images should be sharp and legible). Give the caption and the source of the figure in the main text (exactly at the point where you indicate: ‘Figure x about here’).
7. Manuscript which does not comply to the journal format will be returned to the author(s) for reformatting. Author(s) may revise and resend the manuscript after the manuscript is upgraded in the accepted format.
8. Plagiarism check will be conducted for each manuscript with a minimal of 25% similarity. After that, the manuscript will be double blind peer-reviewed.